The math sciences department works in conjunction with the Student Learning Center to run help labs open to any Appalachian State student.
Tutors are available to help FOR FREE!!!
When you come to lab for help, be sure to bring all of the resources needed (book, notes, assignments, etc.) with you. Please note that the tutors will NOT do your work for you -- they are there to assist you to do your work yourself! Come with the work you have done so far to show the tutors what you have been able to do, and what you do not yet understand. Also keep in mind that the labs are not set up for private tutoring, so be prepared to work with other students from the same courses.
We have transitioned to ONLINE tutoring through zoom!
2021 Spring Semester Math Tutoring
- MAT 1035 BUSINESS MATH: Sunday-Thursday, 5-7 PM https://appstate.zoom.us/my/busmatlearninglab
- OTHER MAT COURSES:
Courses Tutored in General Math Lab
- PRAXIS prep
- GRE prep
- College Algebra (MAT 1020)
- Pre-Calculus (MAT 1025)
- Calculus I, II, III (MAT 1110, 1120, 2130)
- Linear and Modern Algebra (MAT 2240, 3110)
- Differential Equations (MAT 3130)
- Real Analysis (MAT 3220)
- Techniques of Proof (MAT 2110)
Course descriptions are available in Appalachian's Course Catalog.
Everyone in search of math help is welcome. The staff can answer questions, check answers, and provide additional practice problems.
The Math Labs are staffed by:
- Peer Tutors: juniors and seniors with demonstrated tutoring abilities
- Graduate Students: graduate students in mathematical sciences
- Faculty Volunteers: mathematical sciences faculty who donate their time to help
The Math Lab is coordinated by Katharine Johnson (email@example.com), from the Student Learning Center and Lisa Maggiore from the Department of Mathematical Sciences. If you have comments or questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org