The math sciences department works in conjunction with the Student Learning Center to run help labs open to any Appalachian State student.
Tutors are available to help FOR FREE!!!
When you come to lab for help, be sure to bring all of the resources needed (book, notes, assignments, etc.) with you. Please note that the tutors will NOT do your work for you -- they are there to assist you to do your work yourself! Come with the work you have done so far to show the tutors what you have been able to do, and what you do not yet understand. Also keep in mind that the labs are not set up for private tutoring, so be prepared to work with other students from the same courses.
We have transitioned to ONLINE tutoring!
MAT 1035 (Business Math) Help Lab
MTWR from 5:00-7:00pm:
General Math Lab (other courses - see the list below)
Sun+MTWR from 4:00pm-7:00pm:
Courses Tutored in General Lab
- PRAXIS prep
- GRE prep
- College Algebra (MAT 1020)
- Pre-Calculus (MAT 1025)
- Statistical Methods I, II (STT 1810, 2810, 2820, 3820, 3850)
- Calculus I, II, III (MAT 1110, 1120, 2130)
- Linear and Modern Algebra (MAT 2240, 3110)
- Differential Equations (MAT 3130)
- Real Analysis (MAT 3220)
- Techniques of Proof (MAT 2110)
Course descriptions are available in Appalachian's Course Catalog.
Everyone in search of math help is welcome. The staff can answer questions, check answers, and provide additional practice problems. Large tables are available for group study.
The Math Labs are staffed by:
- Peer Tutors: juniors and seniors with demonstrated tutoring abilities
- Graduate Students: graduate students in mathematical sciences
- Faculty Volunteers: mathematical sciences faculty who donate their time to help
The Math Lab is coordinated by Lee Cope (firstname.lastname@example.org), from the Student Learning Center and Lisa Maggiore from the Department of Mathematical Sciences. If you have comments or questions, please e-mail email@example.com