Here is a list of links to resources our grad students have found to be helpful.
Key Administrative Information
- Student Accounts
- Financial Aid
- Disability Services
- Health Services
- Graduate School
Other Campus Resources
- School of Graduate Studies Professional Development Center: The grad school offers seminars and workshops on topics relevant to grad students, some of which award graduate credit.
- Graduate Student Association Senate: This group advises the administration on issues of concern to grad students. GSAS also has resources to help fund research and travel through a competitive grant process. See our department representative for info.
- Library and Information Commons: In addition to checking out books, our library has study rooms that can be reserved, individual research sessions that can be scheduled, and enhanced access to databases such as Google scholar and MathSciNet. Jeff Hirst is the department liaison and can answer questions about library resources.
- University Recreation: UREC offers many activities through outdoor programs, intramurals, fitness, and aquatics. Grad students have access to all programs and services.
- The Arts and Appalachian: There are many and varied programs offered in the visual and performing arts, most of which give discounts to students.
- Campus Clubs: If you have a particular interest there is probably already a club on campus for you. In particular, we encourage you to join one of the department clubs: The MAA Math Club, The Actuarial Science Club, and Prospective Teachers of Mathematics (PTMA).
- Appalachian Food Pantry: The Sustainability Office maintains a food pantry for students and faculty who need some assistance.
- The BIG Sale: The ACT office holds a sale each fall where students can buy inexpensive used items for dorms or apartments.
Selected Community Resources
- The Boone Craigslist
- Town of Boone
- High Country Host
- Boone Weather
- List of Boone Area Physicians
- Watauga County School System
- Blue Ridge Parkway