Each student is required to present the results from his or her culminating project. The presentation should be 25-30 minutes, including time for questions. The following are the expectations:
- The presentation is well organized.
- The level and pace of the presentation are appropriate for the expected audience of seniors, graduate students, faculty and/or other professionals.
- The presenter provides some general context/background for the work.
- The presenter's contribution to the work is clear.
- The presenter maintains composure when questioned.
The date of the presentation must be approved by the program directors and must be scheduled far enough in advance to allow at least one week's notice to the Department faculty and graduate students.
Note also that students presenting thesis research must meet the graduate school deadlines are well, typically 2 weeks prior to the last regular day of classes.