Eight math sciences faculty members presented sessions at the 2017 State Mathematics Conference sponsored by the North Carolina Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCCTM) on November 2 and 3, 2017.
- Michael Bosse': Learning Mathematics as a Second Language (with College of Education colleague Catherine Fountain)
- Holly Hirst: Social Networks and Graph Theory
- Betty Long and Debbie Crocker: Escher: How Did You Tessellate?
- Katie Mawhinney: High School Sequence Options - Share Your Ideas.
- Katie Mawhinney: Does Your Design Reveal or Conceal? How Effective Task Design Exposes Mathematics that a Student Knows (with MA Alumnus Luke Walsh)
- Tracie Salinas: Making Students Matter
- Erica Slate Young: Promoting Growth Mindset with Formative Assessment
- Travis Weiland: Statistical Inquiry in the Mathematics Classroom