Math Tutor Lab
The Math Lab, located in 308 Walker Hall, is a tutoring room open to anyone with questions from the courses listed below. The lab is funded by Academic Affairs and Student Affairs (through the Learning Assistance Program) and is FREE to all Appalachian students.
Note: The Math Lab has moved to 308 Walker Hall.
- PRAXIS prep
For more PRAXIS help, contact Cama Duke <email@example.com>, Director, Learning Skills Services.
- GRE prep
- Developmental Math (MAT 0010)
- Introduction to Math (MAT 1010)
- College Algebra (MAT 1020)
- Pre-Calculus (MAT 1025)
- Business Calculus (MAT 1030)
- Statistical Methods I, II (STT 2810, 3820)
- Calculus I, II, III (MAT 1110, 1120, 2130)
- Linear Algebra (MAT 2240)
- Differential Equations (MAT 3130)
Course descriptions are available in Appalachian's Course Catalog.
Everyone in search of math help is welcome. The staff can answer questions, check answers, and provide additional practice problems. Large tables are available for group study.
The Math Lab is staffed by:
- Peer Tutors: juniors and seniors with demonstrated tutoring abilities
- Graduate Students: graduate students in mathematical sciences
- Faculty Volunteers: mathematical sciences faculty who donate their time to help
The Math Lab is coordinated by Wes Waugh (firstname.lastname@example.org), from the Learning Assistance Program and Nate Weigl from the Department of Mathematical Sciences. If you have comments or questions, please e-mail email@example.com