The Department of Mathematical Sciences actively supports efforts to enhance inclusiveness so that every member of the academic community can participate and excel to the best of their ability. The Department is committed to removing barriers, supporting success, and recognizing achievements through:
- Building a diverse mathematical community conducive to a respectful and collaborative exchange of ideas.
- Creating a welcoming environment for all students, faculty, and staff in a safe and supportive atmosphere.
- Recognizing the different challenges and experiences that students bring to the classroom.
- Supporting mathematical learning for all students through active engagement in and out of the classroom.
- Encouraging and valuing the contributions of all members of our community in the academic endeavor.